Please note that this policy only applies to Devide websites (“Sites”) containing a link to this policy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are the benefits of Devide collecting my information?
- What information might be collected by the Sites?
- How will Devide collect and store this information?
- How long will Devide store this information?
- What is Devide's commitment to Children's Privacy?
- What are cookies?
- How are cookies on this site used and what information is collected?
- How do I disable and enable cookies?
- What are my rights with respect to my personal information?
- What about Internet and website security?
- Can Devide change this policy?
What are the benefits of Devide collecting my information?
Through its websites, Devide collects personal information about you for a variety of reasons:
- To prepare and perform an agreement with you, such as:
- to prepare and enter into an agreement with you to be part of the Devide community;
- to execute the agreement, including calculating your earnings and those of other Brand Ambassadors, and maintaining and delivering information on your Crowd;
- to process product orders;
- to deliver and take-back products and to manage warranties; and
- for payment purposes.
- To meet our legal obligations, such as:
- for accounting and tax purposes;
- to conduct product call-back operations; and
- to respond to requests for information by competent public bodies and judicial authorities.
- For Devide’s legitimate business purposes, such as:
- to provide our services and to protect the integrity and security of our services;
- to improve the user experience of our websites by making them more accessible and user friendly and create content more relevant to you;
- to resolve Crowd inquiries;
- to enforce our Terms of Conditions, our Crowd rules and our rights; and
- to provide you with information and online advertising on our products, services, and special offers.
You may have a right to oppose certain uses of your personal information under applicable law; but in this case, you may not be able to fully benefit from our products and services.
- On the basis of your consent:
- to receive dedicated services, such as receiving information packs;
- to get in contact with the Devide Crowd for an introduction into the Crowd or to participate in events and challenges;
- for the use of your e-mail address or telephone number in connection with the marketing of Devide products, Devide Brand Partners products and services and related products and services; and
- the use of certain cookies and similar technologies, as required by law.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know at the e-mail address below, by opting out of advertising by e-mail or SMS, or by changing the privacy settings of your browser as set out below. If you withdraw consent, you may not be able to fully enjoy our products and services.
What information might be collected by the Sites?
At Devide, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, we collect technical information, such as an IP address and your browser information in order to make a connection and display our website. For example, we might collect data regarding your journey through the website or record the options that you have chosen to select. This is a common standard procedure for any website on the Internet. The information collected does not directly identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes and improving the services we offer.
There are times, however, when we collect information directly from you, such as your name and address; for example, when you register, fill out forms to request information about Devide products or the Devide community, or to establish contact with a Brand Ambassador / the Crowd or to participate in a competition or challenge. On those occasions, we may provide you additional information and choices about our intended use of your personal information, if required. We also collect your communication preferences, such as whether or not you wish to receive commercial e-mails.
For registered Brand Ambassadors, Devide collects information about products you purchase online and information voluntarily uploaded by Brand Ambassadors on the Sites, such as their leads and marketing efforts.
We may receive additional information about you from public and commercially available sources and other third parties. If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter through the Sites, to login to the Sites or to share information about your experience on the Sites with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
How will Devide collect and store this information?
Devide stores your personal information in a centralized repository together with other information we may have about you, if any. This allows us to avoid duplication, better manage our information resources and provide you with a better service. We use this information for the purposes mentioned above and in accordance with your choices.
How long will Devide store this information?
We may retain your information for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law, whichever is longer. The duration for which Devide stores your personal information depends on the purpose for which the information is being used.
Devide stores your information in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information, except for information you voluntarily provide in public communities and forums on the Sites or third party platforms.
- To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you, please refer to the question below titled: “What are my rights with respect to my personal information?”
With whom does Devide share my personal information?
Relevant personal information will be shared with:
- its affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies;
- service providers working for Devide, for example, our Brand Partners, companies that help us develop our website and keep it secure and companies that help us make advertising more relevant;
- other companies with which Devide has directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit, for example fulfilling orders, delivering packages, e-mail administrative functions, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service;
- selected Devide Brand Ambassadors, including Devide Brand Ambassadors in your Crowd.
- other parties as required by law, or to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings, or similar legal or judicial process or arbitration, including disclosure to authorized third party auditors or governmental authorities, or to investigate or prevent fraud; and
- other parties in the context of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy procedure.
Where will your personal information be stored?
Devide operates in many countries across the world. To enable us to offer consistent service to you, wherever you may be, we manage certain website functions from one central location. This is currently in Europe. In addition, Brand Ambassadors in your Crowd or your Introducers may be established in other countries. There is not one set of data protection laws that cover Europe, the U.S. and other parts of the world. The European laws require that Devide take steps to protect your information when it is transferred to regions outside of Europe. Those steps include:
- for international transfers to other Devide entities around the world, Devide relies on its Model Contractual Clauses;
- for international transfers to service providers, the protections depend on the service provider concerned and its location, and include agreements containing data protection clauses as required by law; and
- for international transfer, if any, to Brand Ambassador Introducers, Devide relies on the execution of the community agreement.
Devide's Commitment to Children's Privacy?
Protecting the privacy of children is important. To be part of the Devide Crowd you need to be 18 years of age. In some instances, Devide may collect Personal Information from minors. Devide obtains the consent of the minor’s parent or legal guardian as required by applicable law.
What are cookies?
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has originated; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Devide uses two types of cookies on this website:
- Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
How cookies are used on this site and what information is collected?
These are used for the following purposes:
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information; and
- within registration to allow you to access stored information.
These are used for the following purposes:
- to help us recognize you as a unique visitor (using a number) when you return to our website;
- to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- to compile aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website;
- to identify and resolve user experience issues and improve website operations; and
- to resolve Brand Ambassador inquiries and help ensure compliance with our rules.
Third Party Cookies
Third parties may also serve cookies via the Sites. These are used for the following purposes:
- to tailor content to your preferences;
- to count the number of users of our site; and
- to provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
How do I disable and enable cookies?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. Should you wish to be alerted before a cookie is accepted on your hard disk, guideline instructions follow below:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open 'Windows Explorer'
- Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- Click 'Search Now'
- Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select "cookies" in the "Help" function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
What are my rights with respect to my personal information?
Depending on the applicable law, you may have various rights in respect to your personal information, such as a right of access, rectification, restriction of or, objection to processing of your personal data (including processing for direct marketing), and portability to another controller and erasure. Some of our Sites allow you to review and update your personal information or cancel your involvement of the service. Where this function is not available and for assistance with respect to other personal information rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Please note that these rights are subject to limitations set out in law.
If you do not want to receive advertising by e-mail or SMS, you will be given an opportunity to opt-out in the communications you receive.
If you have additional questions about this policy and our practices or if you have complaints about Devide’s use of your personal information, please contact us at:
Att.: Data Protection Officer – AKA
What about Internet & Site Security?
The Internet is not a secure system, and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose online. Personal Information collected by Devide websites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Where necessary, the personal information is encrypted before you conduct your transaction, using appropriate secure technology.
Can Devide change this website policy?
Privacy laws, guidelines and case law change continuously. Devide therefore reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time. We recommend that you visit our website periodically to be aware of the latest version of our policy.